School staff play an essential role in protecting children from abuse.
They have regular contact with children and young people so are in a strong position to identify signs of abuse and neglect.
- provides a safe environments for children and young people through robust safeguarding practices
- ensures that adults who work in the school, including volunteers, don't pose a risk to children
- makes sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice
- teach children and young people about staying safe.
Identifying abuse and responding to disclosures
Any concern about a child's safety, allegation of abuse or disclosure must be reported.
Please contact the following members of staff at school if you have any concerns or would like to discuss any safeguarding issues: Jenny Francis
Lindsworths policies and procedures [School Policies] include details of making a report covering:
- how and where to record the concern – usually a written statement with a date and signature of the member of staff
- who to pass the concern on to - the school's designated safeguarding lead
- clear guidelines on how the designated lead will respond to a report.