All students who are moving/changing provision or leaving education MUST have an Annual/Transfer review at the beginning of the new academic year.
As part of this process the School Careers Adviser MUST hold a full careers guidance interview and issue a Career Action Plan for all students. This will be incorporated into their EHC Plan.
Student/parent MUST complete the Post 16 Preference Form and return it to school by 7th September 2018 (sent out to parents/carers 20th July 2018)
The main stages involved in the Post 16 process are:
• students and parents / carers attend an Annual Review Meeting to discuss their options
• students and parent / carers attend open days and apply to colleges
• complete and return the preference form so that we can consult providers
• in February 2019, each student will receive a letter proposing a post 16 placement
• a final EHC Plan, identifying the allocated placement will be issued by 31st March 2019.