Lindsworth School, Monyhull Hall Road, Kings Norton, Birmingham, B30 3QA
Tel: 0121 693 5363
TEACHING STAFF VACANCIES
SUPPORT STAFF VACANCIES
JOB TITLE: Pastoral and Learning Support Worker
SCHOOL: Lindsworth School
GRADE: Grade 3 Point 9-22
SALARY – FULL TIME EQUIVALENT: £20,903 - £27,041 FTE plus SEN Allowance
ACTUAL SALARY (32.5 HOURS TTO): £16,276 - £21,055 TTO plus SEN Allowance
HOURS OF WORK (TERM TIME ONLY): 32.5hours
APPLICATION PACK [ HERE ]
The Governing Body of Lindsworth School is seeking to appoint three Pastoral and Learning Support Workers.
The successful candidates will need to provide evidence of experience and knowledge in the following areas and must be able to:
- Work as part of a team to provide the best possible quality of service to children and pupils with social, emotional, and mental health disabilities.
- Contribute to the development of innovative, positive residential services for pupils.
- Address the complex needs of children with imagination and initiative. Demonstrate a flexible and reflective approach.
- Secure high-quality teaching, effective use of resources and improve standards of learning and achievement for all pupils.
The successful candidate must also have previous experience in:
- Working with young people with special educational needs ideally with social, emotional and/or mental health disabilities.
- Working with children and young people on an individual basis in supporting their personal development.
- Working with small groups of pupils delivering interventions to support academic, behavioural and/or social progress.
- Promoting the progress and well-being of individual pupils and of any class or tutor group.
GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at Grade C and above in English and Mathematics is a requirement for this post together with a relevant NVQ Level 3 qualification (or equivalent).
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking pro-active team committed to further improving outcomes for very vulnerable young people.
As a school we are firmly committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff and place great emphasis on their wellbeing. We are focused on, and committed to, making rapid progress towards delivering an outstanding provision and are looking to appoint staff who have high expectations of themselves and pupils.
Lindsworth School is a mixed day/residential special school meeting the needs of 122 pupils from Year 5 to Year 11 who have been assessed as having social, emotional, and mental health difficulties. Many of the pupils have medical diagnoses including ADHD, ASC, PTSD, PDA, ODD and Attachment Disorder. They have also experienced significant disruption to their education due to multiple school moves, fixed term and permanent exclusions and long periods of part-time or no placement in a school.
This is a school where you can make a real and lasting difference to the young people in our care. We are highly ambitious to provide our pupils with the best education and preparation for a happy and successful life in the adult world.
Further details and application forms are available online at www.lindsworth.co.uk.
Candidates are expected to make an informal visit prior to applying. We have provisionally allocated three dates:
- Wednesday, 5th January 2022 at 1.30pm
- Friday, 7th January 2022 at 11.00am
- Monday, 10th January 2022 at 11.30am
Closing Date: Friday, 14th January 2022 at 12.30pm
Please return your application form to:
V Wilson, Lindsworth School, Monyhull Hall Road, Kings Norton, Birmingham B30 3QA
Shortlisting: Monday, 17th January 2022
Interviews: Wednesday, 26th January 2022
Please note that if you have not heard from the school by Friday, 21st January 2022 then your application has not been successful.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for the role.